How to get involved
Get involved in our conservation work, improving the meadow and other areas. Or you may help…
- Grow a wide range of fruit and vegetables and develop the really useful garden.
- In the kitchen making healthy vegetarian meals using our own produce for all to enjoy.
- With our social media
- Organising events to engage the Community. We also need support from individuals, other organisations and businesses to develop the most effective ways of working and ensure we are working in the most ethical ways.
- If you can’t get involved on site you can still support us through promoting our project to others and attending our activities and events. We also welcome donations of plants, tools and materials.
- Helping us keep on top of our ever growing administration.
- Producing promotional and publicity materials
Behind the scenes
- Sharing your skills; helping run activities and workshops
- Get creative in our workshop and throughout the site making Art.
- Helping us is a great way to get involved in your area, help support others and take action locally building more sustainable communities. It is also great for wildlife too!
People get involved for many reasons.
- To learn new skills and develop their interests.
- Make new friends and contacts
- For health reasons. Outdoor practical projects such as Wild Acres are great for improving mental and physical health.
- Provide current work experience and references where needed
- And lastly because it’s really good fun, great to be outside and we eat really tasty food together.